Introduction

Hi All,

You've found the blog of Leighly G Penrod (better known as Lee Penrod). Over the years I've helped thousands of people with technology questions. I started this blog to share some of the problems I've personally solved, and to act as a place to put bits of new articles before they are ready for release.

In the past I wrote serveral things published by Directron.com. I worked for them for several years including doing various bits of technical writing. Although I no longer work for them, I do still put up some content on my blog now and then.

If you are not familiar with my prior work, feel free to see these popular guides I have written-

How to Install Front USB 3.0 Connections

How to Install Front USB
(connecting front ports to the motherboard)

Understanding System Memory and CPU speeds:
A layman's guide to the Front Side Bus (FSB)

Hooking up a Neon Light
[Old Article on making a card neon from Walmart work in a PC]

Saturday, August 20, 2016

How to fix IGEditorBE v.3 for Civilization Beyond Earth.

IGEditorBE v.3

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340985934

Is broken for Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

This mod is broken due to missing assets and/or possibly a game patch. I took a shot at trying to fix my install since I am a fan of the mod on Civ 5.

It seems like there are three problems with the current one that break the mod under vanilla Beyond Earth:


1) MISSING / wrong named texture / icon pack for the leaders.  This must be fixed where it is referenced.  reference: LeaderPortraits512.dds

2) References to a style that apparently doesn't exist in Beyond Earth ( style reference is from a older civ game, content is not in current Beyond Earth. This breaks things when it tries to load the menu [ best guess] ) .  The bad style is: Grid9Highlight8

3) Missing assets in CityBanner.  There are a couple of referenced dds files in the CityBanner file that do not exist. I am not sure, but they might relate to City States [Which exist in Civ5 but not Beyond Earth]. Alternatively they may be some kind of status related thing but removing doesn't seem to break anything.

How I fixed my install

Navigate to the location of the mod. The mod lives under My Games.  On Win 7 this is gotten to by going to my computer and going to:  Libraries- > Documents - > My Documents -> My Games - > Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth -> MODS -> IGEEditorBE (v 3)


In the mod folder there are the following folders:   Art    BulkUI    Localization     Panels  Widgets

We need to edit 3 files:

Widgets\IGE_TabsBar.xml

Panels\IGE_PlayersPanel.xml

BulkUI\IGE_CityBanner.xml

--------------------------------------

Changes for BulkUI\IGE_CityBanner.xml 
There are calls to two files that don't exist anymore after the last patch. Assets/UI/Art/Notification/CityStateMeterFrameQuartered_Black.dds    Comment out the whole reference.

Change:  ( ln 243 )
<Image                                    Anchor="C,C" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/Notification/CityStateMeterFrameQuartered_Black.dds" Size="161,7" />
                    <Image        ID="StatusMeterMarker"        Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,1" AnchorSide="O,I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/Notification/CityStateMeterFrameIcon16.dds" Size="16,16" />
to:
<!--    <Image                                    Anchor="C,C" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/Notification/CityStateMeterFrameQuartered_Black.dds" Size="161,7" />
                    <Image        ID="StatusMeterMarker"        Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,1" AnchorSide="O,I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/Notification/CityStateMeterFrameIcon16.dds" Size="16,16" /> -->

Changes for Widgets\IGE_TabsBar.xml --
Change LeaderPortraits512.dds to  LeaderPortraits_256.dds  and remove  Style="Grid9Highlight8" everywhere.

Change this line:   [ Probably around line # 77 ]
<Image ID="PlayerImage" Texture="LeaderPortraits512.dds" TextureOffset="0,0" Size="64,64" Offset="4,0" Anchor="L,C" />
to
<Image ID="PlayerImage" Texture="LeaderPortraits_256.dds" TextureOffset="0,0" Size="64,64" Offset="4,0" Anchor="L,C" />

Change:  [Ln #17 ? ]
<Grid Anchor="C,T" Size="68,50" Color="255,255,255,200" Offset="0,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" Style="Grid9Highlight8" LLSize="0,0" LRSize="0,0" LCSize="28,0" ULSize="0,0" URSize="0,0" UCSize="28,0"/>
to
<Grid Anchor="C,T" Size="68,50" Color="255,255,255,200" Offset="0,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" LLSize="0,0" LRSize="0,0" LCSize="28,0" ULSize="0,0" URSize="0,0" UCSize="28,0"/>

Change: [Ln # 38 ?]
<Grid Anchor="C,C" Size="48,34" Color="255,255,255,200" Offset="0,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" Style="Grid9Highlight8" LLSize="0,0" LRSize="0,0" LCSize="28,0" ULSize="0,0" URSize="0,0" UCSize="28,0"/>
to
<Grid Anchor="C,C" Size="48,34" Color="255,255,255,200" Offset="0,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" LLSize="0,0" LRSize="0,0" LCSize="28,0" ULSize="0,0" URSize="0,0" UCSize="28,0"/>

Changes for Panels\IGE_PlayersPanel.xml 

Change LeaderPortraits512.dds to  LeaderPortraits_256.dds


How:
Change Ln 14

<Image ID="SmallIcon" Texture="LeaderPortraits512.dds" TextureOffset="0,0" Size="32,32" Offset="2,0" Anchor="L,C" />
to
<Image ID="SmallIcon" Texture="LeaderPortraits_256.dds" TextureOffset="0,0" Size="32,32" Offset="2,0" Anchor="L,C" />

That's it.
Mind you, I didn't write the mod, but this seems to make it work. I am unable to fix other issues with this mod -- however, if I find another breaking bug and can fix it I'll post another comment.

NOTES:
1) When I first tried fixing my own install of the mod I tried the cache clear fix the author of the mod suggested. If you still have issues you might try that and then enable/disable the mod.  I don't think it's necessary but it's worth a shot.

2) These changes must be made with the game closed.

3) If the mod loaded correctly then you should be able to see * IGE * at the top of your screen when playing a single player game under MODS with IGE check marked as enabled.





Good luck all.

No comments:

Post a Comment