Introduction

Hi All,

You've found the blog of Leighly G Penrod (better known as Lee Penrod). Over the years I've helped thousands of people with technology questions. I started this blog to share some of the problems I've personally solved, and to act as a place to put bits of new articles before they are ready for release.

In the past I wrote serveral things published by Directron.com. I worked for them for several years including doing various bits of technical writing. Although I no longer work for them, I do still put up some content on my blog now and then.

If you are not familiar with my prior work, feel free to see these popular guides I have written-

How to Install Front USB 3.0 Connections

How to Install Front USB
(connecting front ports to the motherboard)

Understanding System Memory and CPU speeds:
A layman's guide to the Front Side Bus (FSB)

Hooking up a Neon Light
[Old Article on making a card neon from Walmart work in a PC]

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 1

Hi All,

You've found the blog of Lee Penrod. Over the years I've helped thousands of people with technology questions. I started this blog to share some of the problems I've personally solved, and to act as a place to put bits of new articles before they are ready for release.

In the past I have written several articles which have been published by Directron.com. I have been writing since before 2001, and did a good enough job that in 2002 Directron hired me. I'm now CTO of the company, and have personally setup, configured or repaired thousands of PCs, Servers, Laptops and other devices. My goal is to distill some of the that knowledge here as I have in the past in a friendly, easy to read format.

If you are not familiar with my prior work, please check out these popular guides I have written-

  • What is PCI Express? A Layman's Guide to PCI Express
  • How to Install Front USB by Connecting Front USB Ports to a Motherboard?
  • Understanding System Memory and CPU speeds: A layman's guide to the Front Side Bus (FSB)
  • What is 1.5V AGP and .8V AGP
  • Building A custom PC

  • Building a Customized System [ A general guide to picking parts for a PC ]

  • PC Mod Dictionary [An Older co-written article, but still has a ton of relevant info if your doing PC Mods]

    Old Articles
  • How to build an AMD Based Windows 2000 System
  • Hooking up a Neon Light [Old Article on making a card neon from Walmart work in a PC]
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment